Girls Varsity Stunt
Congratulations to the 2020 STUNT team!
We look forward to a great season. First practice is tomorrow, 6-9pm in the small gym.
Tryout material will be released Monday, Feb. 3rd via email. You MUST be registered on Final Forms to receive access. Good luck everyone! We are looking forward to a great season!
Because our first game is on Friday, Feb 28th, we will be having practice during the President's Week break.
Tuesday-Thursday (Feb 18-20), 9am-12pm
You must attend these practices to be included in the routines for our first game.
MANDATORY Pre-Tryouts Athlete Meeting
Tuesday, January 21st
During Intervention/Lunch in the Library
*If you are unable to make it during intervention, you must communicate with a coach to be excused from the first part of the meeting (you are still expected to arrive during lunch).
- All athletes must pre-register for Spring 2020 STUNT on the Athletics Website (click on "Athlete Registration" at the top of this page)
- All athletes must also fill out the athlete information on Google Forms (copy & paste link into your browser, then fill out: https://forms.gle/onqYk1PKJitzoPDw5).
STUNT Tryout Info
Week of February 10th
(Times subject to change based on facility availability)
Feb 3rd: Tryout material will be released on website.
*It is YOUR responsibility to learn the counts and know them before the clinic. You may put together your own stunt group to tryout with, however coaches may rearrange based on your skills and the needs of the team. Top girls will be asked to show several body positions and may choose their own stunt group for this portion of tryouts.
Feb 10th: Skills clinic & material review 1-3pm (large gym)
Feb 11th: Tryouts start at 6pm (small gym)
WHERE: WHS Gym
CLINIC FEE: $15 (due on Feb 10th)
WHAT TO WEAR: black shorts (Varsity, Nike Pros, or Soffe style), maroon/white/black shirt, cheer/tennis shoes
HAIR: must be in a high or low pony, out of the face (no flyaways, no buns)
NAILS: must be "athletic length" which may not extend past end of fingertips (acrylic nails are prohibited)
Please remove all jewelry prior to arriving.
All athletes must:
- Pre-register for STUNT on the athletic website (registration is OPEN, register NOW!). Click on "Athlete Registration" at the top of this page. If you are having trouble, contact the athletic department directly.
- Fill out Stunt tryout form on Google forms (copy and paste link into your browser: https://forms.gle/onqYk1PKJitzoPDw5)
- Attend mandatory tryout information meeting during intervention/lunch (date TBD)
- Complete and submit an Athletic physical to Athletic office by Monday, Feb 3rd (if you are a current cheerleader or are playing another school sport, this is most likely already completed)
- Be academically eligible based on first semester final grades
- Ensure a parent attends the mandatory parent meeting (TBD - will be held during the 1st week of practice)
What are we looking for?
- Bases/backspots - strong, feet planted, toss height, control of stunt, willingness to try any position
- Tops - confidence, body control, flexibility, sharp & tight motions, tumbling for higher levels (5 & 6)
- Tumbling (all levels)
- Levels 1 & 2: forward rolls & cartwheels
- Levels 3 & 4: back handsprings & tucks
- Levels 5 & 6: layouts & fulls
- Jumps - technique is everything! Straight legs, pointed toes, hyperextension, land with feet together, no balance checks (on landings)
TEAM PRACTICES BEGIN WEDNESDAY, FEB 12th 6-9pm (small gym)