Hall of Fame
Information, Qualifications, and More
- Athletes - Must be 7 years out of high school to be nominated, good standing in community, and have achieved recognizable athletic accomplishments. Maximum of 5 athletes inducted per year.
- Coaches - Must have coached at Whitney for a minimum of 10 years. Maximum of 2 coaches inducted per year.
- Teams - Must be 7 years from date of accomplishment. Maximum of 1 team inducted per year.
- Community members - Influential in the success of the athletic program and/or team. Maximum of 2 community members inducted per year.
- Once nominated, an athlete will remain on the ballot for 10 years and then has to be re-nominated.
- A maximum of 5 selections will be honored in one year's class.
- The candidates will be selected by a committee that consists of 6 to 8 members including the athletic director, district office representative, coaches, media members, and community members. Each committee member will receive a ballot with the nominees on it along with a biography of each candidate. Then, each committee member will select their five nominees from the ballot. The first choice on an elector's ballot receives five points in the overall voting tabulation, the second choice receives four points, the third choice receives three points, the fourth choice receives two points, and the fifth choice receives one point. The top five overall nominees in regards to their point totals from all committee members, will be that year's hall of fame inductees. All inductees must have a point total of 2.5 times the number of committee members.
- To nominate a candidate CLICK HERE.
All nominations must be received prior to March 1st of the current year in order for the candidate to be on that year's ballot. Candidates will be recognized at the annual CLAW awards in late May.
Hall of Fame Class of 2015 - Austin Wentworth (football), Deja Edwards (track), and Mike Gimenez (coach - football)
Hall of Fame Class of 2016 - Stephanie Nippert-Hull (softball) and Zack Graves (football)
Hall of Fame Class of 2017 - Hannah Prigge (diving) and Laura Faber (coach - women's golf)
Hall of Fame Class of 2018 - Matt Post (track and field) and Tegan Schmidt (softball)