Announcements and Important Events
- Baseball - Huge road win against the four time reigning SFL champions, Oak Ridge High School by a score of 9 to 8 last Friday.
- Golf (Men) - The Wildcats competed in the CAL Invitational for the 2nd year in a row and came away with 2nd place behind a strong team from Nevada, Galena High School team. The Cats shot a 384 at the tough Plumas Pines Golf Course, 5 strokes back of Galena. Leading the Cats were Sam Sommerhauser and Will Phelan with 70 and 72.
- Softball - Another big win for the Lady Wildcats to end the week! Nia Trinidad pitch seven strong innings only giving up six hits and two runs. Big home run in the fifth by Montana Hermosillo gives the Lady Wildcats a 3-2 victory over Folsom and a lock on first place in the SFL with only three games left in league play.
- STUNT - What a great way to end the season with another league win over Folsom. The lady cats competed at the STUNT CIF Section Playoffs this past weekend and lost a heart breaker to Vista Del Lago on the last play of the game.
- Swimming - Last weekend Senior Kyland Parenti became the D1 Varsity Boys Section Diving Champion. He scored enough points to qualify for High School All American in Diving (top 100 in the United States). He will go on to compete at the State Meet next week.
- Tennis (M) - The men’s team looks forward to today’s playoff match against Oakmont. After an extremely hard schedule and battling through league play, the cats earned the #3 seed in the section playoff tournament.
- Track and Field - The boys track and field team is now 4-1 in league with the win over Oak Ridge. Overall great effort by the boys with Joey Souto setting personal bests in the 100 and 200 meter races, Ethan Dodge and Austin Vasquez leading the distance team in the 1600 and 3200 meter races, Kevin Good won the Discus and Wyatt Lawson won both hurdle races handily. Caveli Hensley set two school records in the High Jump and the Long Jump. Great effort today by the girls against a very good Oak Ridge team. It was close and we will have one more chance to beat them next week. The girls 4x1 team of Azelya Macaranas, Abigail Gardner, Emily Beasley, and Sydney Johnson set a new school record of 49.32 seconds. Emily also ran to a personal best and 3rd place finish in the 200m. Sydney won the 100 hurdles, long jump and triple jump. Rachel Payan won the high jump and the pole vault. Sam Baker set a personal best and won the discus event. Jessica Franco placed third and set a PR in the 400m.
- Volleyball (Men) - In a total team effort, Whitney crushed Rocklin to win the JV league title. Great setting from Brendan Wilk and phenomenal passing from the outside hitters, Kyle Reilly, Aidan Van Dam, Austin Phung, And Chris Richardson. Digs in the back row from Spencer Polischuk, and Ken Munoz, and huge hits and blocks from Michael Degamo, Brody Hanks, Chase Schwab, Keahi Lum, and Jared Duffey. A total team effort to finish out a successful season!! Super proud of each of the members of this team!
- In women’s basketball, the Optimist North All-Star Team was coached by our own Sydney Gatson and a huge congratulations to Jada Lewis who was the North Most Valuable Player with 23 points. Emily Brustman and Makenzie MacFarlane played big as well.
- Communication with 8th graders can be via email and phone starting on May 1st.
- On game day, the student-athlete must be in all of their classes. The only exceptions will be those student-athletes that clear their absence prior to game day.
- The CLAW Awards are on Monday, May 13th at the Rocklin Event Center. Who will win the athletes of the year and our new category... Best Team?
MAJOR HAPPENINGS THIS WEEK (see www.whitneywildcats.org for specific times and facilities):
- Monday - Golf (M) @ SFL Championships, Tennis (M) vs. Oakmont, Baseball (JV/V) @ Granite Bay, Baseball (Frosh) vs. Granite Bay
- Tuesday - Softball @ Oak Ridge, Baseball (Frosh) vs. De La Salle
- Wednesday - Baseball (JV/V) vs. Granite Bay, Baseball (Frosh) @ Granite Bay, Track @ SFL Trials (Oak Ridge)
- Thursday - Softball vs. Granite Bay, Swimming @ CIF-SJS Section Championships
- Friday - Swimming @ CIF-SJS Championships, Baseball (JV/V) @ Granite Bay, Baseball (Frosh) vs. Granite Bay, Track @ SFL Championships (Oak Ridge)
- Saturday - Baseball (V) @ Lincoln, Baseball (JV) vs. Lincoln